With the phasing-out of measures at the national level and the order of the Ministry of Health on temporary measures in the field of health care in view of containment and control of the COVID-19 epidemic, Community Health Centre Ljubljana has gradually begun increasing the scope of available health care services. Given the current epidemiological situation, from the point of view of safety of patients and medical staff alike, caution is still required, as well as the use of personal protective equipment and taking all the measures necessary to prevent corona virus infection.
- Check-up with a GP and all other activities at the Community Health Centre Ljubljana are only possible after a prior appointment and consultation with the medical staff (over the phone or via e-mail).
Your GP will assess your medical condition and reach a professional decision about any necessary treatment. The assessment can be made via e-mail, over the phone, or directly through a medical check-up.
- If you have symptoms and show signs of COVID-19, your GP will refer you over the phone for swab testing and/or a check-up at a COVID clinic, therefore never visit the health centre unannounced.
- In the event of a life-threatening condition, call 112 immediately.
- For your scheduled appointment, please arrive at the health centre no more than 5 minutes before the appointment.
- At the entrance to the health centre, disinfect your hands and put on a surgical mask; wear the mask at all times for the duration of your visit.
- Please observe a personal safety distance of at least 1.5 metres in all areas of the health centre.
- On the day before your check-up, you should receive a call from the medical staff, who will check your medical and epidemiological condition by means of a questionnaire. It is advisable to print out and fill in the Questionnaire for the assessment of medical condition before treatment in the outpatient clinic at home, and bring it with you for your scheduled appointment.
Due to the epidemiological situation, all activities of Community Health Centre Ljubljana require adjustments in the organization of work, so all previously scheduled appointments have been cancelled. Patients will RECEIVE A NEW APPOINTMENT DATE over the phone or in the mail. Only healthy persons should come for a check-up. If a person falls ill, we kindly ask them to inform us of the fact and so waive their appointment time to somebody else.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (PRESCRIPTIONS, SICK LEAVE ...)
All administrative services, such as issuing prescriptions for chronic therapy, referrals for check-ups, orders for medical devices, at the discretion of the GP possibly also sick leave, are performed remotely over the phone or, most preferably, by e-mail. When contacting us via e-mail, please state your name and surname, date of birth, Health Insurance Card number and the telephone number where you can be reached.
ENTERING THE HEALTH CENTRE
With the aim of preventing the spread of COVID-19 among the population, entering the Community Health Centre Ljubljana is limited and runs exclusively through the triage point. We ask all patients entering the health centre to provide the nurse with ACCURATE and TRUE information about their health condition, possible visits to high-risk areas and any close contact with infected persons. Providing untrue information means endangering one’s own health and everyone else’s.
WEEKENDS, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND NIGHT-TIME
On weekends, public holidays and at night, the paediatric emergency first-aid service (PNMP) and adult emergency first-aid service (SNMP) run in an unchanged manner. In case of symptoms suspected of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, cold, sore throat, diarrhoea, vomiting), make an appointment over the phone and do not visit the emergency service unannounced.
Before seeking emergency medical help, consider whether a check-up is necessary or whether you can wait for the workday to call your personal or a substitute practitioner.