PRIMARY HEALTHCARE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE (IRROZ)
Metelkova 9, SI - 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Head of unit: izr. prof. dr. Antonija Poplas Susič, dr. med., spec.
- Phone: + 386 1 3003 928
- Fax: + 386 1 3003 911
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Primary Healthcare Research and Development Institute was formally established in 2015 in order to carry out scientific and research work in the field of medical sciences and development in the field of primary healthcare.
The main and essential task of the unit is to seek and develop new or additional patient care options.
The Institute deals with the following essential areas:
The focus is on:
• designing new models or approaches to patient care and verification in a clinical setting;
• accessing new resources and experience in the field of healthcare innovation by verifying their application and scope in a clinical setting;
• encouraging health research and testing the use of new technologies and information systems, which are extremely important for the development of more effective approaches to patient treatment and care and, in general, to the optimisation of work processes;
• implementation of optimised models and/or innovative approaches that primarily enable improved quality of patient care and reduced treatment costs;
• integrating the economic aspects of treatment into projects.
The aim of our activities is to achieve changes in healthcare and, in so doing, to integrate and connect regional, national and global health partners.
The Mediation Centre, established in 2015, is intended for the calm resolution of misunderstandings among employees and patients of the Ljubljana Community Health Centre, and among external stakeholders who would like to resolve disputes calmly through mediation. There are 24 educated and trained mediators at the Ljubljana Community Health Centre.
The Ljubljana Community Health Centre is a member of renowned international organisations, including:
• The European Association for Quality and Safety in Family Medicine (EQUIP),
• The European Forum for Primary Health Care (EFPC),
• The Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM),
• The International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL).
With this kind of networking, experience is exchanged and implemented in the domestic environment.